PAL Policy prohibits coaches and admin personnel from making changes to your profile. It is the LEGAL GUARDIAN who created your family profile's responsibility to make any changes to your address, phone numbers, email addresses AND additional parent/guardian profile. PLEASE do not duplicate your family profiles to get around this policy. Duplicate profiles will be deleted on a periodic basis.
Changes to your information you may want to make:
- change of address
- adding or changing email addresses
- phone number changes or additions
- turn on or off the automatic notification feature for game reminders
- make your phone number public, private, or just on the rosters (our rosters do NOT have contact information available for the general public. This info is available via password to coaches and team mates only so there is no need to set to private. Set it to Roster so that coaches can see it).
All these edits are best done by the member--YOU. The instructions are simple:
From the Association Page, click on Edit My Account at the bottom of the left side of the menu. Follow the instructions on the next page and then click on your name to edit your information. Make sure the checkbox "no emails" is NOT checked and make sure all the email addresses you want to receive notices in are there. Put a semicolon and space between email addresses. Be sure to click on the Submit button when you are done. EACH profile in your family should be checked and updated. Instructions for adding a parent can be found on the profile of the person who created the account.
BUT I'M NOT GETTING THE EMAILS being sent by the system and my email address is correct in the system. What do I do now??:
If your email address is correct on your profile and the player is registered and placed on the team (check the team roster to make sure of this) and you don't have our emails blocked by checking the "no emails" box, the emails ARE going out to you, Our suggestion is to:
- look in your spam folder
to your email address book
- Log into the "Edit My Account" area of the website (left menu on home page) and click on the "CLICK HERE to add us as a "Safe Sender" next to your email for instructions on how to receive emails that are being sent to you. (To see that plage now, just click on the link above)
Do you want to add TEXT MESSAGING to your alerts?
Once in a while, a field is closed due to lightning or a change in location or time occurs. Your coach wants to be able to notify you in the quickest, easiest way possible. To do this, we could send a TEXT MESSAGE to your cell phone along with the regular method of emailing and putting up a broadcast message on the team page of the website. In order to do this, we need your cell phone listed on your profile and your carrier selected from the drop-down box. To add this feature, follow the instructions above for editing your profile and select text messaging with your carrier listed. Responsible coaches will only use this feature when the information is time sensitive and critical.