Welcome to the Westport PAL's Coaches Certification Requirements
ALL COACHES MUST COMPLETE AND PASS
THE FOLLOWING BEFORE HAVING ANY CONTACT WITH THE PLAYERS OR PARTICIPANTS:
Please read below carefully. There are 3 actions you will complete online, 2 certifications and 1 criminal background check. Instructions for each are detailed below. In addition to these online modules, we will hold first-aid and CPR/AED training at the PAL clubhouse at a date and time TBD.
Follow the below instructions for certification. FAIR-WARNING: not all courses save progress so we encourage you to complete at each sitting and be sure to PRINT CERTIFICATE showing you have completed the program before logging off. We collect all certificates to keep track of our completions. Coaches will be allowed on the field in August until we have received a full set of certifications.
1. USA Rugby Level 1- https://www.usarugby.org/coaching-courses/
Level 100 serves as an introduction to the game of Rugby and the basics of the coaching process. Completion of this course is required prior to attending a Level 200 course.
While USA Rugby finishes the Level 100 online course, coaches can complete the World Rugby Rugby Ready course to receive equivalency for Level 100 accreditation. Rugby Ready certifications of completion should be emailed to Education@usarugby.org
To complete the World Rugby "Rugby Ready" free online course:
- Go to rugbyready.worldrugby.org and click on the Register button
- Enter your personal information and create a Username and Password
- Complete all 14 of the lessons marked with an “X.” These lessons are called:
- Long-term player development
- Equipment, environment and emergency plan
- Physical Conditioning
- Principles of play
- Open field play
- The tackle
- The ruck
- The maul
- The scrum
- The lineout
- Cool down & recovery
- Injury management
Read more at https://www.usarugby.org/coaching-courses/?4RsLpBrU1zrTZ37S.99
2. CDC - HEADS UP CONCUSSION TRAINING CERTIFICATION
At the outset of the module make sure to enter your full name as you'd like it to appear on your certificate. At the conclusion of the test, be sure to print the certificate using the link provided on the "congratulations" page. Your completion will not be saved so entering your name at the beginning, completing the module AND printing the certificate is required. MAKE SURE YOUR NAME APPEARS ON THE PRINTED CERTIFICATE BEFORE CLOSING THE SESSION
3. CBC - CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
· click on Football Westport PAL Pay ½ way down page
· Complete the required fields and sign using your mouse.
· Open PDF to view the form. Please print the signed form and keep for your records
· Submit the order using the “submit this order now” button
· You will receive an order number. Send me the 5 digit order number confirming the information was submitted.
4. Positive Coaches Allaince or NYSCA Certified
5. CPR/FIRST AID, AED Certified